Hi! My name is Sarah! I am vegan. I love cooking and baking and experimenting in the kitchen. I decided to start a blog a few years ago and have grown to love it! I look forward to experimenting, writing new posts and hearing from all of you!
Some random facts about me
1. I am a big fan of mixed martial arts. I’ve been training in boxing and kickboxing for over 5 years. I really want to start taking judo or brazilian jiu jitsu classes.
2. I HATE being late. I have a bit of time OCD and scheduling and being on time causes me great anxiety.
3. I have 3 tattoos and 5 piercings. I really want to get a half sleeve tattoo one day.
4. I am short. 5’2 to be exact. I’m told I look taller than I am. I also work with really tall people (the videographer we work with is 6’5!!) and I look ridiculous standing with them.
5. Halloween and Thanksgiving are my favorite holidays.
6. I wake up really early with no alarm.
7. I prefer to write with black pens.
8. I get the hiccups when I laugh really hard. It’s really embarrassing because I hiccup really loudly.
9. I absolutely LOVE everything about the fall. I would like to get a fall themed tattoo (half sleeve, see #3).
10. I WAS a coffee addict. I still love it but have limited my intake to just a once in a while treat.
11. I am a major klutz. I once broke my foot walking down the stairs. No fall, just walking.
12. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I wish more restaurants offered a better selection of vegan breakfast options. I should open a restaurants that offers only vegan breakfast items all day.
13. I have blue/gray eyes. They look different depending on what color shirt I’m wearing.
14. I like going on adventures. It is my dream to road trip the entire country. That would be my ultimate adventure.
15. I really love hugs.
16. I have gotten stuck in an elevator twice. Both times occurred in Seattle when I lived there. Once in my apartment building and once at school. At school the elevator stopped between floors and I had to crawl out to the floor below. It was scary!
17. I can be very competitive.
18. I don’t like being the center of attention. For this reason I have never had a large party (Bat Mitzvah, Sweet 16, etc) and have no plans of having a wedding should I ever get married.
19. I have worked for a photography studio for 5 years yet most of my shooting jobs have been freelance. I have a hard time actually calling myself a photographer. I miss shooting for fun and plan to start doing so soon… you know, to reclaim my soul.
20. I was born and raised in NY. I lived in Queens until I was 13 and then moved to Long Island. I went to college upstate (SUNY Geneseo) and briefly lived in Seattle for a year and a half for grad school. I then moved back to Long Island. I have spent 27 and a half of my 29 years in NY and I’m so incredibly proud to be a NYer.
21. I am fascinated by weather and natural disasters. If I could go back to school for anything I’d go for Meteorology and I’d specialize in tropical weather. I watch the Weather Channel for fun and love the show Hurricane Hunters.
22. I was a complete science nerd in school. I took every science elective possible and excelled in those classes. I went to college originally planning to major in Biochemistry.
23. I worked for my campus radio station all four years for college. I did everything from DJ to production to board op for sports events to select music for rotation. I held executive board positions my Sophomore (Traffic Director), Junior (Promotions Director) and Senior (Station Manager) years. This is why I switched from Biochemistry to Communication.
24. I love to travel. I backpacked through Europe for three weeks with a friend and it was amazing. We went to London, Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow, Brussels and Paris.
25. I really love listening to podcasts and I hope to one day have a podcast of my own. Working on convincing some of my friends to start one with me.
26. I am a huge fan of Improv comedy. I think I’ve seen every episode of Who’s Line Is It Anyway? and it’s why my favorite show on TV right now is Impractical Jokers.
27. I want to learn how to use nunchucks and watch lots of freestyle nunchucking videos on YouTube.
28. I love listening to bagpipes.
29. I played guitar and bass when I was in high school.
30. I went to Hebrew School for 8 years on Sundays and after school. I can read and speak Hebrew but I don’t understand it. I was more interested in the history and traditions that we were taught. I’m not religious at all but do enjoy the traditions of my religion.
Thanks for reading!!