Hey everyone!! Happy Valentine’s Day I’m not big on Valentine’s day so that’s the only mention you’ll get out of me but I figured I’d wish you all a good one. I figured today would be a great day to share my recipe for my Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies!! I loved these cookies so much and I really hope you’ll try them. Soooooooo good!
I used this as my start point and made a bunch of changes to create this new cookie. Yum!
Gluten Free Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup gf oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar*
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, drained on a paper towel
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups gf rolled oats
3/4 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
*Instead of regular brown sugar I use Alter Eco’s Mascobado sugar that was sent to me to review. This was my secret for this recipe. It added a beautiful hint of caramel that was so perfect. I really love this sugar, you should definitely try it in place of brown sugar if you can get it in your local stores.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Mix the sugars, syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and extracts in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add oats, almonds and coconut. Stir until combined then let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Drop cookies on baking sheet (I used a small ice cream scoop to portion my cookies… probably about the size of a rounded tsp). Bake cookies 10-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on tray then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!!
These cookies are seriously amazing. I really love the almond extract in it too. I may add a little almond flour next time too
That’s all for me my friends! Hope you all have a great night, whatever your plans may be!! I’ll be spending a quiet night at home. It’s Thursday after all… which means a new episode of Impractical Jokers Have a good night!